Tuesday 17 July 2012

The Lucky Seven Meme

Morgan Hyde tagged me in the Lucky Meme (you know the one), and I haven't done a post in a while, so I figured I'd go ahead with it.

Here are the rules in case you've been living in a coffin:

1. Go to the 7th or 77th page of your current WIP

2. Go down to the 7th line

3. Copy the next 7 sentences or paragraphs and post them AS IS (no secret editing - the guilt monkeys will know).

This one's from the seventh page of my current WiP:

How? How could wax be this stubborn? Did it take after the personality of its owner or something?

She ducked down and checked the cupboard under the sink. It was cluttered with Bluet's many products and...

Dissolving fluid.

If it wasn't mildly acidic she would have kissed the bottle. Every privy needed dissolving fluid, and chances were it wouldn't damage the leather.

She used toilet tissue to dab a bit onto the boot and held her breath. The wax sizzled away. The leather remained unharmed. Thank the King.

"Miss Stella, what exactly are you doing in there with my boot?"

Stella almost dropped the bottle and the boot. Merse opened the door and stared at her. "Are you quite finished?"

If you want to be tagged, consider yourself tagged! And link me in the comments so I can read it :)

7 comments:

  1. This sounds like fun! I'm just going to post mine directly in your comments...because.


    "Cassie: OMG YOU ARE GONNA GET LAID. FINALLY!!!!! IS IT THAT GUY FROM THE CLUB?!?! HE WAS QT!!!

    It took me several minutes to figure out what "QT" meant, and then I wasn't really sure how to reply to that message so I decided to answer it in the morning. Which...I totally forgot to do. Hang on.

    I told her "yupp" which seems like a fine response, yeah? It encompasses all the things that need saying, I think.

    Anyway, back to the thing I was freaking out about this morning: The Blood Drive."

    ahahahaha IT'S SO BAD! XD XD XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Noooo it's not bad, it's OOZING with voice! I love it!

      Delete
  2. What I really liked about this snippet was the way the voice and the vocab all worked together to give me a sense of the world you're writing in even though you didn't say anything about the setting at all. It sounds like a great story, getting into things right off the bat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Posted mine on le blog. :)
    http://helenkiayapemberton.blogspot.com/2012/07/seven-lucky-meme.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH THIS STORY SOUNDS SO GOOD! WHEN DO I GET TO SEE IT?????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll seeeeeeeeeeeee.........................

      Delete